We were very lucky to get the FIRST-Argosy grant last year as a rookie team, and wanted to share some of our lessons learned from the year.
- Only bite off a small piece of the overall challenge, and then try to execute as well as you can.
- Get a basic driving base done as quickly as possible, and then start driver training right away.
- Finish early enough to actually test all your mechanisms!
- At regionals, have students dedicated at your booth to talk to other teams and judges.
- Come to regionals with a robot that will pass inspection.
- Weekends are the best time to make a lot of progress on the robot.
- At regionals, as for help from other teams, they are all very happy to help!
- Have a clear idea of how you can best help an alliance win the match.